The use of EHF therapy for the treatment of this disease is primarily due to the ability of EHF waves to relieve pain, as well as their anti-inflammatory and immunostimulating effects.
Mono EHF therapy is used in patients of stage 1-2, in patients of stage 2-3 with a severe course of the disease, it is recommended to use combined with traditional therapy.
Used HF emitters
Frequency 40-43 GHz, wavelength 7.1 mm (red).
Noise-frequency 52-78 GHz (yellow).
Emitters are selected individually for each patient.
During the session, 5-10 minutes are applied to each point(no more than 20 minutes). in total), where pain is noted. In total, 10-15 sessions are performed until the pain syndrome completely disappears.
The point of impact:
- the area of the skin projection of the exit points of the branches of the trigeminal nerve, in the zone of innervation of which there is a pain syndrome;
- when the eye nerve is affected (the first branch) – on the brow arch in the area of the upper orbital fissure of the skull;
- with the defeat of the maxillary nerve (the second branch);
- center of the pterygoid fossa;
- when the mandibular nerve is affected (the third branch) — the area of the chin opening of the lower jaw.
The main method of monitoring the effectiveness of EHF therapy in this disease is the patient’s subjective feelings-a decrease or disappearance of pain.
Absolute contraindications have not been identified (see General contra-indications for EHF-therapy).
p/s Our English is not perfect . We will be happy if you point out transcription errors in comments. And you can write your questions also about this treatment protocol.