Along with traditional applications for cosmic communications, different sensors, radiolocation and mobile communication facilities, there are special field of mm wave application in Russia – Biology , Medicine and new biotechnology of informational infl uence of wave nature on living organisms.
First works on interaction of IR, visible and UV range with leaving cells had been conducted by Russian physicist A. Gurvich (1940th) [1, 2] Russian’s priority in investigations in the fields if mm wave interactio n with bio objects has been acknowledged , particularly, in publication at IEEE magazine 2002. Works of American scientists Webb and Dodd (1968) . Works of G.Frolich (1968, 1983) [6, 7] laid out foundation on mechanisms of Electromagnetic Waves appl ications in MM band. Works of physicist N.D.Deviatkov in 70th-90th  based grounds for practical application of millimeter wave radiation in medicine and laid basis for modern industrial manufacturing of mm -wave devices.
In Russia basic studies of biotro pic effect mechanism have been conducted for more than 20 years.The results of the investigation have acquired international recognition; great scientific school has formed which studies mm -radiation effect in treating different diseases.
During the past years thorough studies of mm-radiation impact on biological objects have been conducted (Chidichimo G. et al, 2002) . Numerous research allow to work out major requirements for mm wave technique:
Operating band 40-80 GHz, Radiating power 10-2 – 10-5 Watt, Modulation mode.
Recently with the appearance of technologies allowing to bring down the price for mm wave sources, it opens a new advantage for application of low power mm wave generators in Biotechnology.
1. Gurvich A.G. The theory of biological field. М., 1944, p.155.
2. Gurvich A.G., Gurvich L.D. Mitogenetic radiation, physicochemical bases and applications in biology and medicine. М.,1945, p.283.
3. Webb SJ and Dodds D.: Inhibition of bacterial cell growth by 136 Hz microwaves/ Nature 218. 374, 1968.
4. Popp F.A. Electromagnetic control of cell process in Interaction of nonionizeing electromagnetic radiation with living systems. Paris, 1979, p.137 -143
5. Popp F.A. Photon storage in bio logical systems. – Int Electromagnetic Bio – Bio-Information. Munchen – Wien-Baltimor. 1979b, p.123-151
6. Frohlich H. Long-range coherence and energy storage in Biological systems. Int J Quantum Chem. 1968, No 2 p. 641-652
7. Frolich H., Kremer F. Springer – Verlog, Berlin-Heidelberg-New York-Tokio, 1983, p.117-122.
8. Devyatkov N.D., et al: Scientific session o f the division of general physics and astronomy, USSR Academy of Sciences, Sov phis-Usp 16: 568-579, 1974.
9. Chidichimo G., Beneduci A., Nicoletta M., Critelli M., Renata De Rose , Tkachenko Y., Abonante S.: Selective Ingibition of Tumoral Cells Growth by Low Power Millimeter Waves. Int. J. Anticancer Research, 22: 1681-1688, 2002.
10. Harold Sobol, Kiyo Tomiyasu . “Milestones of Microwaves” IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MICROWAVE THEORY AND TECHNIQUES, VOL. 50, NO. 3, p. 604. MARCH 2002.